Progress made for VELUX

VELUX Model Home project moves forward as planning permission is submitted

The VELUX Model Home 2020 project, which involves the construction of two zero carbon homes in Rothwell, Kettering, has moved a step closer with the submission of the planning permission to Kettering Borough Council by HTA Architects. The proposed site for the three and four bed semi detached properties is located within the second phase of the Bovis Homes Charter Park development to the South of Rothwell.

If the project gets the go ahead, it aims to set a benchmark for future new communities. The design of the properties, which will be open plan and incorporate high levels of daylight and natural ventilation, intends to minimise energy use among residents and generate a sense of community while advocating a respect and nurture of the environment.

VELUX is working with other key partners HTA Architects, Willmott Dixon and North Northants Development Company (NNDC) on the project. Kevin Brennan, Head of Sustainability at VELUX Company Ltd, comments: “The homes will be built with a 70% reduction in carbon emissions, with the remaining 30% offset by allowable solutions, such as improvements to existing housing stock, and we are confident that they will encourage occupants to live sustainable lifestyles while remaining comfortable, practical and appealing.”

The wider VELUX Model Home 2020 project is Europe-wide and incorporates plans to build eight one-to-one experiments between 2008 and 2010, in the form of eight demonstration buildings in several European countries. The buildings are designed to reflect and respond to three main principles – efficient energy design, high liveability factor and minimum climatic impact – as well as the different climatic, cultural and architectural conditions of the countries that they are in.

Related Posts by Categories

Widget by Scrapur

0 komentar:

Design architecture, modern architecture, house architecture, design interior, design exterior, house décor architecture, architect., minimalist architecture, apartment., structure building, architecture building, multistoried building, architecture plan,

Landscape, tower building, architecture American, architecture UK, architecture Australia, architecture classic, arcade, city town, architectural, natural concept, green house, lamp interior, roof concept, architecture books, architecture magazine, journal architecture, modern kitchen